Image Map

Sunday 20 July 2014

The Patterned Shorts

Hello! I recently picked up a pair of printed shorts from Forever 21. They were under £10, but I took a risk buying these as they are something I definitely wouldn't normally wear.However, it was a risk worth taking, as as soon as I got home and tried them on, I absolutely fell in love with these shorts! I have paired them with a range of tops, just to give you guys some sort of idea of what goes and what doesn't necessarily go with a pair of, in your face, patterned shorts.


First of all, these are the shorts. The material is a light cream with autumnal red and black leaf patterns printed on. These shorts are great to wear in the summer, as the cotton material is very light and thin yet not see through.



The first top I have paired these shorts with is a basic marl grey crop top from Topshop. This crop top benefits the cream tones in the shorts and would be a great outfit to wear down the beach or on a hot summers day.



The next top I have paired these shorts with is a white crotchet top from Newlook. This top is see through at the front so I have worn a white bandeau underneath, however you could easily throw this on when at the pool as a light cover up. I feel like the patterns compliment each other and the outfit.


Thirdly, I adore wearing this black River Island crop top with these shorts. It very much so compliments the black tones in the shorts and I feel as if it completes them. You could easily add a denim jacket or black kimono to slightly dress up this outfit.


Finally, I have a slightly more casual look. This basic black top from Topshop also compliments the black tones in the shorts, however it dresses them down and looks great tucked in. I would pair this with a pair of converse for a simple summer outfit!

There are many more tops that would look great with this outfit, I just showed you a few of them!
Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Those shorts are wonderful.. i love it.. and i like your looks!!

    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patterned shorts so much!!

    cloud-chloe.blogspot.com ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog!!x
    http://basicallyalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

Please don't leave anything like 'follow for follow' or a two word reply, but if you leave your blog link I'll make sure to check all your gorgeous blogs out :)