Image Map

Sunday 17 August 2014

Back to Back MAC | Eye Shadow Edition

Hello! MAC Cosmetics is a widely known, very popular, high-end make up brand. But when it comes to comparing products within their brand, many people tend to struggle and not know where to start. Today, I will just be comparing their two (of many) types of eyeshadow; a paint pot and a normal powder eye shadow.



First of all, (on my finger to the left) I purchased the powder eyeshadow early this year; it actually being my first eye product from MAC. My immediate impressions of this product were great- the packaging was steardy yet size-appropriate and you got quite a lot of shadow. MAC themselves describe this product as a highly pigmented shadow which applies easily and blends well. I agree 100% with this description, however the application of this eye shadow (like any other) depends hugely on the brush you apply it with, as this could make or break the look. I brought this eye shadow in the shade Honey Lust which is a sparkly golden brown with quite alot of glitter in; definitely not a matte shade. Colour wise, I haven't had a problem, aside from the fact that this isn't particularly a day to day shade to wear. Saying this I did buy this to show off in the evening, for example to wear to parties or fancy meals out!






My second MAC eye shadow (on my finger to the right) is a paint pot which I got at the airport only a few weeks back. Out of the two, I must say I prefer this type of shadow. Not only is this colour very well pigmented, it creates seamless coverage over the lids which is nor cakey or too thick. This MAC paint pot is in the shade Vintage Selection which is a medium frosted, dirty peach colour. I chose this shade because it looks great alone on my lids, whilst being an easy, not too bright colour to pull off either during the day or of an evening.





 You can purchase the two products above here:






12 comments:

  1. such pretty shades xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love MAC although I rarely buy it because it is so expensive! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks! Best wishes.

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I agree, MAC is rather pricey so I only really treat myself on birthdays/Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Need to add Honey Lust to my collection! :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! These types of shades are right up my alley.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, personally I love them too!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for nominating me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post it has given me some well needed inspiration as to what to buy from MAC on the future. Love your blog :)x

    booksandbeautifulthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I definitely recommend those two eye products! xx

      Delete
  7. That is gorgeous! Your blog is amazing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

Please don't leave anything like 'follow for follow' or a two word reply, but if you leave your blog link I'll make sure to check all your gorgeous blogs out :)